Music in the Galleries
Join the Newport Gallery Organization during the 7th Annual Newport BridgeFest for Music in the Galleries as we bring buskers inside so that you can enjoy art and music at the same time. Stroll through fascinating eclectic galleries and discover Newport’s wonderful art spots as you enjoy local musicians playing some of your favorite jazz, classical, folk, and show tunes daily in the afternoons, Monday, July 27 through Thursday, July 30. This is a FREE family friendly fun event, but we’d love to have you show these musicians some appreciation for their wonderful work.
Explore and discover Newport’s vibrant art scene as you enjoy our Music in the Galleries. Our current schedule is as follows:
1. Monday, July 27, 4:30-6 pm. Clara Maurer, Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist, C.L. Sherman’s Gallery, In the Hotel Viking, Newport, 401-846-7311.
2. Tuesday, July 28, 4:00-5:30 pm. La Méchante et le Connard, an acoustic duo of double bass, ukulele, and voice hailing from Paris, France. Arnold Art Gallery, 210 Thames Street, Newport, 401-847-2273. (https://www.facebook.com/lamechanteetleconnard)
3. Wednesday, July 29, 2-4 pm. Kate Grana, lyric soprano and guitar, at Spring Bull Gallery, 55 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, 401-849-9166
4. Wednesday, July 29, 4-5 pm. Waylon Whitley, Choral Director/Keyboard & Choristers, Onne van der Wal Gallery, 1 Bannisters Wharf, Newport, 401-849-5556.
5. Thursday, July 30, 2-4 pm. Kate Grana, lyric soprano and guitar, at Bailey Art Gallery, 42 Spring Street, #5, Newport, 401-848-2919 (http://kategrana.com)
For further information, check online at www.newportgalleries.org